March 16, 2020
PayLogic Client Advisory – COVID-19
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), PayLogic has developed a pandemic plan per our standard business practices. This plan intends to promote the ongoing health and safety of our employees, clients, and the community while ensuring seamless service operations for our clients throughout this outbreak. Our pandemic plan calls for a phased approach consistent with guidelines recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
At this time, all PayLogic services and staff are operating as normal. As a precautionary measure, PayLogic has implemented the following control measures designed to minimize the risk of impact to our services:
- Hygiene: We ask those with access to our office practice heightened levels of hygiene.
- Entrance restrictions: Our office is off-limits to individuals who have a fever, cough, or other respiratory symptoms.
- Travel: Employees have been given guidance to restrict travel to Coronavirus hotspots and self-quarantine for 14 days after coming back from abroad.
- Public guidance and requirements: We adhere to the requirements and recommendations of government agencies and cooperate with landlord requirements to control the spread of Coronavirus.
- Continued monitoring: We will implement additional control measures as events unfold. Should an outbreak hotspot develop around our office location, we will take additional precautions.
Critical Vendors. We have engaged critical vendors and partners to ensure that they have been likewise reviewing the situation and implementing safeguards to ensure business continuity. We are monitoring the situation and implementing procedures found to be successful in preserving business continuity.
Furthermore, from an HR standpoint this is a good time to review your HR policies, including, but not limited to:
- Employee discrimination policies for employees that are more susceptible or have a heightened exposure
- Sick leave policies and increasing flexibility
- Telecommuting policies and increasing flexibility
- Prompt communication as early as possible for a potential outbreak
- Hygiene policies and encouraging good handwashing and cough-etiquette
How to Prepare for interruptions of your HCM/Payroll:
Until notified otherwise, Time and Attendance, HR and Payroll platform will be operating and supported normally. However, one possible interruption is the inability for us to prepare and/or deliver live payroll checks. You can take precautions to prevent this from effecting your business. The options outlined below are some of the possible steps you should consider ASAP.
- Convert all your employees to direct deposit or payroll debit cards.
- Request blank check stock (no account numbers are printed on blank stock). We will set up your account for remote printing by your laser printers.
- Receive net check amounts via payroll reports and write “manual” checks to employees or pay them cash.
event our office closes, our entire staff is prepared [at a moment’s notice] to
work remotely. You may easily contact
your client service representative during any type of work from home period. Please make sure you know your CSR’s direct
dial number. That number is always
listed in the signature line of their emails. If you have any questions about
our preparedness for the Coronavirus outbreak or need any assistance with
policy updates, your PayLogic Support Team is here to help. Contact our main
office at 502-894-0088.